Omega Optical began with the creation and production of custom optical filters.
Omega Optical now offers a wide variety of filter types including bandpass, narrowband, wideband, longpass, shortpass, rejection band, beamsplitters and mirrors in any of the following configurations:
- Protected & Surface Coatings
- Wavelengths: 190nm – 2500nm
- Substrate Size: 2mm– 200mm (ask about larger sizes)
- Filter Thickness: 0.5 – 50 mm
- Substrate Materials: BK-7, Borofloat, Fused Silica, Sapphire, Germanium, Silicon, coloured glasses
Long and Shortpass filters, also known as “edge filters,” have a wide variety of applications throughout many industries. Often used for precise discrimination of adjacent wavelengths, these filters are crucial in controlling signal-to-noise and instrument sensitivity. Long and shortpass filters are fully customizable for use in reflection or transmission configurations and also have functionality for use as beamsplitters or combiners.
Omega Optical catalogue products can provide the high performance you need, however, as systems become more complex and specialized, a filter customized to the application is required for a superior performing instrument.